Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rock Band Blitz: The Set List So Far

So I know I was going to do Let's Go Out to the Movies, but first I thought I'd talk about the songs that have been announced so far for Rock Band Blitz.  What?  Don't know what Rock Band: Blitz is?  Crazy, I tell ya.  It's the latest craze that companies are now doing an XBLA or PSN game based of a larger AAA title.  So without further ado, here's the setlist so far (for the US release):

The All-American Rejects - "Kids in the Street"

This song is off of the 2012 album of the same name.  Now I am not a huge fan of The AA Rejects but from what I've heard this song will probably be alright.











Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"

Not too familiar with the band or the song, sorry.  It's nice to see a new band hit the game which is always good.










Blink-182 - "Always"

 Listening to this song right now and now that impressed.  I'm glad to see bands contributing to the "struggling" music game genre.  But if this was DLC I had to purchase I'd probably pass.











Collective Soul - "Shine"

Love this song.  Glad to see it finally made it in the game.  About time.  Nuff' said.












Elton John - "I'm Still Standing"

I'm sure some people are stoked for more Elton John and this is a great song to add to the other few songs that are in the catelogue.  Once again another band we've seen before (which is great!) and I'm really glad to see returning bands.










Fall Out Boy - "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"

More Fall Out Boy!  Sweet.  This band is pretty great with a lot of catchy tunes.  Everything (for the most part) that I've heard of theirs have been really good.  This band is not for everybody, and personally, fifteen years ago I never would have listened to them.










Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks"


Not my cup of tea personally but I'm sure some rawkers out there will be happy.












Great White - "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

 Great song.  Glad to see them add some awesome late 80's butt rock.  Classic.  This one will be fun at the next Rock Band party!  Almost worth the price of the game (whatever it is) for this song and a few others.










Iron Maiden - "The Wicker Man"

I really thought the next song was going to be off of the Killers album since that hasn't been represented yet in Rock Band.  Boy, was I wrong.  I love Maiden, so, any more Maiden is good in my book, even if it's Maiden I'm not too familiar with.  It's a win-win for everybody.









Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"

 About time!  I'm glad to finally see this song in Rock Band.  I think the last time it was on a rhythm game was Guitar Hero 2.  It's been a while.  Glad to see this song.  It'll be fun to play at parties that is for sure. 










P!nk - "Raise Your Glass"

I'm glad there's another band that is already represented in the game.  I would prefer Stupid Girls off of her album, I'm Not Dead.  Maybe some day.  Some will be happy with this song, personally, not so much.











Quiet Riot - "Mental Health (Bang Your Head)

First track off their first studio album.  What a great band and what a great song for Rock Band to introduce people who may not know who Quiet Riot is, but, for this Metal Head, it's a welcome sight.  Can't wait to see what other songs from Quiet Riot's library when they get around to doing the Quiet Riot Pack 01 eventually.  Awesome, awesome song.








Shinedown - "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)

I know people on the RB fourms have been clamoring for this song, but Shinedown isn't really my Hostess filled cherry pie.  A lot of people will really be happy, but it's just kind of meh for me.











Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"

Pretty classic rock song.  I've heard before and it's alright.  Nice to see another new face to the RB library.  Another great song for a large party or Rock Band players.











Tears for Fears - "Shout"

This song will be known by everyone.  Symphony isn't too happy for this one because it's been overplayed.  I will be happy to have this so I can at least do a three song set list with this band.  Good stuff.










Well that is all that has been announced so far.  Once the rest of the set list is reveled I will do another blog post about the remaining tracks. 

What do you think of the set list so far?  Love it?  Hate it?  See your favorite band listed?  Can't wait to see the Rock Band franchise die? (I don't!)  Sound off below!














No comments:

Post a Comment