Friday, May 29, 2015

Life: The Show Must Go On

Greetings folks! So it has been a bit since I've written. We are waiting on th einsurance to determine what the cost of the surgeries will be. I imagine someone should be getting in contact with me in the coming week.

I've been tearing though my Netflix instant queue as I am canceling the service for a month. I have about ten films and one series to get through, which if I cancel today I won't see everything on the queue but it's all good, it's not like I don't have something like four or five hundred movies to watch. I feel a Home Movies marathon coming on.

If I could recommend five weird, disturbing, strange flicks I've seen this year:

Horns (2013)
Starry Eyes (2014)
Wetlands (2013)
Resolution (2012)
Frequencies (2013)

These films are kick-ass in their own way. I loved them and thought they were a little different than your normal horror fare. Though Frequencies is a sci-fi flick, just if you wanted to know or something.

If you are into reading graphic novels I just finsihed Book 1 of John Lewis' March. I am very excited that Book 2 is coming out so soon. If you haven't had a chance to read it I think it's time. I'll wait.

Yep, pretty amazing right? Also on the reading front I am reading some old Swamp Thing comics. Some of the comics I bought quite a while ago, and I've never read them, and now I am finally getting aroudn to it. I must say Alan Moore's writing doesn't disappoint. The whole package of Swamp Thing back then was just amazing. If you get a chance to read some early Swamp Thing (issues 20 through 80 really spring to mind) take it, I hear there is even a trade paperback volumes out there or some such nonsense. I am a single issue guy! Ba-dump-bump!

And on that note I wish you a fond farewell and Stay Tuned..e

No comments:

Post a Comment