Friday, July 12, 2013

My Predictions for WWE's Money in the Bank 2013 PPV *Results*

I am going to get right down to brass tacks!


The Kick-Off Match - The Usos vs.  Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins (Tag Team Champions) for the Tag Teams Championships

It'll be interesting to see 2/3rds of the Shield take on the Usos.  I am pretty sure that the fight will be fast paced and "quicker than a hiccup" in terms of moves happening.  Do I think the Usos will pull off the victory upset here?  No, no I don't.  I think WWE wants to build the Shield up for a few more months and they will keep the belts after this kick off match.

Winners: Still WWE Tag Team Champions, The Shield! #IBelieveintheShield (I did and they won!)


Match 1: Chris Jericho vs. Ryback

Ryback is still right on the cusp of main event status, and I think this match with Y2J will bring the monster right into the title hunt again.  It'll be interesting to see how Ryback will deal with a match longer than 15 minutes, if it last that long.  Will Ryback catch Jericho in Shellshock or will Y2J hit the Codebreaker?  Honestly, this one is a toss up!

Winner: Ryback!  Ryback ends beating Y2J with a roll up.  Go figure.


Money in the Bank - All Stars: Kane vs. Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam vs. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Christian vs. Sheamus for a contract to face the WWE Champion at any time

This has "money" written all over it.  There will be a ton of crazy spots and as of this writing, Kane, may or may not be in the match due to the "injury" he suffered at the hands of the Wyatt family during their debut on Raw recently.  Everyone always brings their "A" game to these types of matches and this match will not be any different.

Winner of the Money in the Bank (All-Stars Match): Rob Van Dam Randy Orton wins.  Hoo-Hum.

WWE Divas Championship match - AJ Lee (Champion) vs. Kaitlyn:



The rivalry between these two divas has reached fever pitch.  I still hold fast that Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee will be the new power couple of the WWE locker room.  Would set up a nice feud with Stephine McMahon-Helmsley and Triple H.  Kaitlyn will bring it, but AJ will retain again against her former best friend.

Winner and still WWE Divas Champion: AJ Lee!  Wins by the "Black Widow" submission.  Good match.


World Heavyweight Championship match - Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio (Champion):

Like I said earlier I think the Universe wants to see DZ and AJ become the power couple and through hook or crook we'll see Ziggler recapture the gold.  I also see Ziggler taking Del Rio out of commission for a while.

Winner and NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler Alberto Del Rio wins via DQ by interference by AJ Lee.  Boo.


Intercontinental Championship Match - The Miz vs. Curtis Axel

Last month at WWE's new PPV Payback, Curtis Axel pinned Wade Barrett while Miz had Barrett about to tap out to the Figure Four Leg Lock on the mat.  Glad to see The Miz and Axel going at it, I think the match will have a good back and forth and I just feel interference from Heyman will keep the belt around Curtis Axel's waist for a little bit longer.

Winner and still Intercontinental Champion: Curtis Axel!  Hey I was right.  Good back and forth action


World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. United States Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro 

Man that's a mouthful! It'll be interesting to see how this match is going to go, I love how most of the guys would be regulated to a pre-show match on a PPV to being in one of the two most novel ideas for a championship contract match that I've love to watch.  So many spots are going to be happening you think you'll coming down with a case of Rabbititus!  I am not really sure who is going to win this one, so I will go with who I want to see go on for a World Heavyweight match and possible run with the gold.

Winner: United States Champion Dean Ambrose Damien Sandow!  What?  "Double Crossed" Cody Rhodes to win the Money in the Bank Contract!


WWE Championship match: Mark Henry vs. John Cena (Champion)

I have to hand it to Mark Henry.  I used to loathe him.  I felt he always seem to be injuring superstars and I couldn't understand why they keep him year after year, and then that all changed in the last year or so, I could see beyond my "not-so-smart-mark" hatred for the guy, I could begin to appreciate who Mark Henry was as a wrestler, and more recently, I can appreciate Mark Henry, the actor.  Who would have thought a few weeks ago, Mark Henry pulled off the smoothest bit of acting in the middle of the ring that I've haven't seen in a damn sight too long.  Chants of "Thank You, Henry" erupting from the crowd.  Man, WWE you had me, Bravo!  I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  Born every minute and all that.  After that performance, just give him the Title shot really.  I think this is Henry's last run before retirement of in-ring activity, so I think the actual match will go down as one of Henry's best with him claiming the belt after the 1-2-3 and the bell.  I also think he'll hold it for a good long time.

Winner and NEW WWE Champion: Mark Henry John Cena wins via submission with the STFU. Erg.

I also feel that there will be a run in on someone's match by the Wyatt Family.  Who will be next?

#FollowtheBuzzards

Come back early Monday to find out if my predictions were right!

No comments:

Post a Comment