Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Video Game/DVD Tuesdays

Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS) - The game that puts players into the role of a newly appointed samurai with factions of warring factions as they defend their home from a growing army of demons.  Samurais, demons, part IV, man.  This game sounds pretty sweet even though I don't know too much about it.  Anyone played the first three?

 Time and Eternity (PS3) - A hand drawn animation adventure where you witness your own demise at your wedding and travel back in time with your wife to be to track down the person responsible for your death.  This sounds weird enough to be really cool.  Or it could be really weird and that is it.  I don't know.  Sounds interesting to say the least.



Face Noir (PC)- A good old point and click adventure set in New York City, 1934, and the writing is inspired by Raymond Chandler.  Love point and click adventures!  Sound like a good romp.


 Dynasty Warriors 8 (Xbox 360, PS3) - A tactical action game which follows four kingdoms as they gain control over the three Kingdoms of China.  I am surprised this game has been going on for as long as it has.  I think I played a demo on the fifth or sixth game and I remember that my fingers hurt.  Alot.  So moving on...





R.I.P.D. The Game (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Two person co-op shooter based off of the tie in movie.  Could be good, could be bad.  I will never know.






The Serious Sam Collection (Xbox 360) - This collection includes Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE (plus Jewel of the Nile DLC Pack), and Serious Sam: Double D XXL.  Man, that is alot of games for your bottom dollar.





Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Xbox 360, PS3, WiiU, 3DS, Wii, DS) - The movie tie in game coming out for every console and handheld device under the sun, why no love for the PSP though?  Probably won't be playing this, or watching the film for that matter.






DVD's

Evil Dead - I still haven't seen this but I know I will some day, probably back to back with the original, cuz' I'm a film nut and a Gorehound.  Great cover image too, I am actually dreading to watch the tree scene.  It is going to be a brutal ride.  I am going to have to watch Groundhog's Day or something really mellow after this.










Iron Maiden (Rock Case Studies) - It is Iron Maiden, honestly, that is all I need to know.  Don't even know if you can find this in a region one DVD.











Not a ton on the DVD front this week that tickled my fancy.  But I'm a picky bastard and all that.  Anything you see that you can't live without?  Sound off below!

No comments:

Post a Comment