Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My thoughts on Microsoft Xbox E3 2012 Press Conference: Part 1

Microsoft Xbox 360 E3 2012 Recap, Part 1

Starts off strong with a Live Action clip that reveals itself to be Halo 4.  Then onto some game play which looked Halo-awesomeness as always (even though 343 Industries is handling this instead of Bungie).  I love Halo.  I've loved it since the first Xbox.  Played every Halo game except Halo Anniversary.

Halo: Combat Evolved

Played it.  Loved it.  If you've never played this, hunt down a copy and give yourself a treat.  Great story.  Great game play.  Just great.  This game proved that the House that Gates built a gaming machine that would give Nintendo and Sony a run for their money.








Halo 2

 Another classic from the team at Bungie.  If you thought Halo 1 was like Halo 3, then it's time to experience Halo 2.  More Halo.  More Spartans and Coveanants then you can shake a grav hammer at.  More Maps.  I believe this game also let you dual wield guns as well.  Some of my favorite maps were from this game.







Halo 3

More spills, thrills, and chills then you can handle.  I want to say that a ton of people were really not pleased with how this game ended.  I personally didn't have too much of a problem with it but I can see how the last Boss Battle would have you going WTH?  Intense when playing online.  This is the game where I first really started playing Halo online multiplayer.  I'll say this right now, there are a ton of people out there that are insanely better than me at the Halo games, but online was so brutal that I stopped playing Halo for quite a while after this game came out, well, at least online anyways.  Great campaign (I think), awesome musical score as well, the music was perfect in this Halo story to almost the point of tears.  Seriously.  Still need the Overkill achievement and another one to complete my GS for that game.  Maybe some day...

Halo Wars

Ensemble Studios last game.  It's pretty sweet of a campaign and on Legendary it's a rough, rough day at the office.  Multiplayer, much like any other Halo game is brutal and quick online usually.  I like it, I need to play it more too.  Checkity check check.  It's a step away from the FPS crowd and it's firmly a RTS that works surprisingly well.  If you can snatch it at a game store or offline it's work a look see and at least boost up your gamerscore.






Halo 3: ODST

Haunting story.  A struggle against hope, against lost.  I was enthralled by the the tale of the ODST's right off the bat.  This game goes up to 11.  Period..  Also the folks at Bungie were nice enough to add a multiplayer disc that rocked with cool new maps all from the bottom of their hearts.  Bungie, you've been to good to me all these years, and after finishing this game (all 1000 points, baby! Halo 3 ODST GS) Fun, fun game.  Beautifully written and crafted.  Bravo!






Halo: Reach

So you might notice that this is a shoddy pic compared to the rest, but that is because it's mine that I took with a camera that I borrowed from a friend.  The game has been signed by the Dev Team at Bungie.  There is also writing from the team on the back as well.  I must shout out to Mr. Stammel and Mr. Takos for ultimately hooking me up with this game (as well as a Reach hoodie and small Reach military style small cargo bag) and this game freakin' rocks!  I still play it to this day and (recently) got a few achievements on it (it's been a year!  Go me.) and it's still a blast.  I've loved Firefight from ODST and I'm glad to see it return in this game.  Multiplayer is great as always, but wait... here's my gripe about Halo, and really my only one, you can still only play up to 16 PLAYERS!  Really, after all these years you couldn't at least up it to 32 players and then really have a big team battle and sweet holy Miss Mollie, let us fly the Pelicans!  Honestly!  Okay, gripe over now.  So now we wait until November 6, 2012 to see what come of the next entry into the Halo universe.  Well look no further then this gameplay footage from E3 2012:



Pretty sweet, huh?  Yes, I think so too.  Halo 4 is very exciting for me as I'll admit I'm a bit of a fan boy, whatever, I said, who cares, on with the Microsoft E3 2012 show.

Next up is Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I've been a fan of Splinter Cell since the early Xbox games, kinda like Halo I guess.  Sweet and theme-y.  Just the way I like it.  I haven't got to play Splinter Cell: Conviction yet, but maybe I will eventually, but this Splinter Cell looks wicked sweet and a must play day One kind of thing for me.  Look out Undertaker.  Sam Fisher is the true American Bad Ass.  Good times.  Good times.

Next up is EA Sports with a small blurb about FIFA 13 and Kinect connectivity.  Then they bring out Joe Montana to demo Madden 13 right on the floor.  Pretty cool, though I haven't played a Madden game since 06 or 07 or something...

Next up is a trailer clip for Fable: The Journey (now with Kinect!).  The first Fable was okay but I'll be honest I haven't played a Fable game since then.  I'll probably be passing on this one.

Phil Spencer, Head of Microsoft Studios hits the stage with a shout out to Halo 4 and Fable: The Journey, respectively and then it's a showing off a smattering of trailers:

Gears of War: Judgement Trailer


Forza Horizon Trailer


Up next is the Head of Marketing and Strategy comes out and pimps out ESPN.  Going to get a whole lot better in my opinion.  NHL, NFL, NBA and more, sign me up and color me impressed!  Can't wait for this to roll out this fall! 

Next up the Head of M & S talks about Xbox Music, he says it's what they've always wanted to have, and it starts off with a library of 30 Million + songs.  Sold.  I love music, how can that not go wrong?  Can't wait.

Finally he talks about Kinect and the "new breed" of fitness game.  VP of Digital Sport at Nike, Stephan Olander hits the stage and talks about Nike + Kinect Training and we're hit with the trailer here:

Nike + Kinect Training (gameplay footage starts at 3:28 into video)


And that is going to wrap it up for Part 1 of the Xbox 360 E3 2012 Press Conference for this little chickadee.  Come back tomorrow and check out the gripping conclusion!

Stay Tuned and Sour Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment