Tuesday, April 3, 2012

You Rawk (Rock) Band me Round, Like a Record... Baby.

So it's another exciting post about Rock Band.  In just a few days at Pax East 2012, Harmonix, is launching a new title... what is it?  XBLA title?  New Rock Band-centric game?  New Rock Band 4 game?  Maybe.  I don't know personally.  What I am hoping for (besides all the above options) is that Rock Band is going to make a Guitar jack to USB and allow us gamers (and guitarists/bassists) to be able to plug in a real axe and play their PRO Guitar/Bass upgrades that were introduced to us in Rock Band 3.  I mean, why not Harmonix?  Give RockSmith/Ubisoft a run for their money.  You already have a ton of PRO tracks above and beyond Rocksmith's count. 

I also see that you were able to PRO all the old drum charts as well.  Is it really that much harder to do the same for Guitar/Bass upgrades to all existing songs?  Though I've never worked in the game industry as an engineer so I don't know how complex it would be to do that.  If someone could answer that question, or direct me to an answer on that, it would be most kind.

I can't wait for the announcement either way and I'm sure I'll post it here in all it's splendor.  I was going to post this next bit over at the official Rock Band forum, but what the hell, I'll just do it here...

If you could ninja into the Harmonix office, to where the great and terrible, spawned from the Depths of Hell, DLC Master Computer is... what?  You ask what is this is?  Why it's only the most magical item in the Multi-Verse.  Like the Great Oz, its decision is final.  See the folks at Harmonix only put out what the DLC Master Computer says, they actually don't have any control over what DLC is put out.  The Master Computer rules all...

Anyways... If you could sneak into the offices and overrun the DLC Master Computer long enough to put ONE SONG of DLC to the top of it's list and the techies in the trenches would have it completed by next week, I ask you Dear Readers, what song would you pick?

Please respond in the comments below sections and pretty please only limit it one song, and one song only...

1 comment:

  1. Dramarama - Anything, Anything

    I hate that you limited me because i have TWO must haves!

    ReplyDelete