Monday, April 2, 2012

Location! Location! Location! Bremerton Cinema

I'm blogging about a place that is still in pre-production.  The third act hasn't been written yet and only principal actors have been cast.  The anxious movie-going crowd waits in the late summer drizzle, no umbrellas here, only hooded sweatshirts and downwards glances to keep the rain off their bodies and out of their eyes. 

One figure in particular stands there, his coke bottle lenses looking at the marquee displayed in all its digital glory, a multitude of different times all replaying that one film that everyone came to see, that everyone plunked down their hard-earned cash to be a silent witnesses to the genius of this true golden age of cinema. That figure, as I'm sure you've guessed it, is me...
 
It will truly be a magical moment.  I look forward to be a die-hard patron of the Bremerton Cinema, and if I could be an employee there as well I would be most humbled and honored.  My love of film knows no bounds and I can write a pretty mean script, (at least that is what I've been told by my past film teacher). 

I've worked in the independent and student film scene in Northern California.  Just recently I've posted a short video I did back in 2004.  It's a murderous clown story starring Loyd Craft and Cherub Freed, entitled No Laughing Matter.  I've also been able to work with John Soares, Justin Spurlock, Dustin Kitchens, David McCloud, Marc Simone, Allen Kelly, and a whole host of other talented and awesome people.  Sorry for the film shout out there, but working with everyone back in the early 2000's were really, really good times.

To me a new theater is just what the doctor ordered here in Bremerton and it's the beginning of the slow progress of the revitalization of the ghost town like quality that is the downtown area.  I've lived in smaller towns that have more people on the streets, but, I do understand that for a lot of people this is a bedroom community.  I do hope that this turn the area around and leads to bigger and better things for this quiet Navy town.

Here's some photos of the Cinema coming soon!

Conceptual design.
Well it only looks like I can grab this photo off the internet.  I'll do one better.  Free Press!  Please check out and Like the SEEfilm Bremerton Cinema page on Facebook for the most recent photos and latest happenings.

SEEfilm Bremerton Cinema Facebook Page

Get ready!  Grab your popcorn and drinks and let's go to the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment