Monday, May 22, 2017

Movie Ticket Monday Double Feature: Scary Movie 2/Signs

Wow. What can be said about Scary Movie 2. Not the greatest sequel in the world, but not terrible either.

Here's the trailer:


Campy horror cheese at it best (worst!). With performances by Anna Faris, James Woods, Tori Spelling, Natasha Lyonne, Tim Curry, David Cross, Shawn and Marion Wayans, there really is a star-studded cast. I mean you go into this film knowing what it's about, right?  It's cheesy, it's silly, heck, maybe it's even a tad bit offensive. It's all good. I am sure I had a grand ol' time watching this at the Riverbank 12 in beautiful Riverbank California on July 24, 2002, that was just a day or two ago wasn't it? Yes, yes it was. Moving on.

The second film is a good one and it's crazy that I am talking about this one since I still have to do a Movie Review on YouTube about another one of this director's films. I talking about Signs, not not that song by Telsa, I am talking about the the film by M. Night Shyamalan.

Written and Directed by M Night Shyamalan's Signs was outstanding I feel. The performances by Mel Gibson and Abigal Breslen were very natural and they played off each other nicely. The film looked great and I bet it looks even better on Blu-ray or 4K. The writing was pretty good from what I remember. As a matter of fact I think I need to go and watch this film again. It's been to long. How long you ask? Well I watched it on August 10th, 2002. I remember the theater being packed even after I had waited a week to see it since it opened. Packed I tell you! I am pretty sure I watched Signs at the Signature Theater in Turlock, California. Good times.

Here is the trailer for Signs if you are so inclined:


Well there you have it folks, a Double Feature of Movie Ticket Monday. Did you watch either Scary Movie 2 (heaven help me) or Signs? What did you they of them. Love em'? Hate em'? Never watched them? Sound off!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment