Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life: Books

I enjoy books.  There I said it.

Back in the day books were the thing to do because they were the thing to do.  You know, back when you could get a candy bar for fifty cents.  Comics were twenty-five cents.  And back then you didn't know about a 1044 tax form.  Good times.

But I've been reading longer than I have probably done anything else actual hour-wise.  It is a little mind-blowing to say the least.

I have a pile of about ten books sitting next to me as I write with another one I'm in the process of finishing.  They range from political science to fantasy to science.  I try and read about a ton of different subjects.  Man of the world and all that.  Anyone have a favorite book out there that they can reread over and over again?  Mine used to be Clive Barker's The Damnation Game, but now I find myself reading it less and less over the years.  Now, I don't think I really have one.  Maybe I'll find a new one in the stuff I'm reading now.  Here's the list:

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L' Engle
Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman
We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
1984 by George Orwell
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
Understanding Power by Noam Chomsky

and now to the Issac Asimov (thanks to MGX out there on the Interwebz!)

A Whiff of Death
A Wellsprings of Life
Today and Tomorrow and...
Understanding Physics: Motion, Sound, and Heat
From Earth to Heaven

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading anything by Isaac Asimov, Ken Follett, John Steinbeck(My favorite was,"To a God unknown", and, "Cannery Row" and Fyodor Dostoevsky. Dostoevsky rambled alot about scenery, but you felt like you were in 19th century Russia.

    ReplyDelete