Saturday, May 3, 2014

Retrospective: Daydreaming the Future, Rock Band 4, Part 1

Recent murmurings suggest that Rock Band 4 (not final title) may come out to the current generation consoles. Don't know if the next Rock Band will come out for the PS3/Xbox 360. With that said, I thought I would devise another 52 weeks of DLC, I'll try not to make too many repeats from last years list located here on my blog, but don't quote me on that.

Before I gets to daydreaming, I thought I would reiterate some of the things I would like to see with the new Rock Band. First, all DLC that a player owns on their hard drive transfers, Harmonix has said as much, that it was very important our DLC transfers. Second off, all previous instruments need to work, also they need to provide a USB connector with the games to connect all the instruments, I believe there's seven altogether from RB3. Drums, Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, and three Vocalists. Yep, seven.

Oh, and more thing, all real instruments can be plugged in and play, every song come with "PRO" or whatever they are going to call it, and all future DLC comes with PRO Guitar/Bass, PRO Keyboard, and PRO Drums (when applicable). I don't care if they charge three dollars a song.

Something new that I thought about, hey Harmonix, please don't charge me a "one-time" fee to transfer my content to RB4. That will piss me off, though, the fact that RB is (possibly) coming out again and new DLC will be available, and honestly, what the hell else do I write about, well RB and wrestling I suppose. I swear I'm more than just two dimensional. I'm a hot line segment. Te-he!

All my previous statement on last year's Daydreaming the Future still stands, all that jazz about multiplayer and what not. Go check it out here: A Year of Rock Band, Daydreaming the Future

Okay, for all you song junkies that hope and dream that you're song will be announced on Fridays (if they do start DLC again, I hope they announce on Fridays again. That would be awesome.) Alright Here's the first twelve weeks.

Week 1: Led Zeppelin Pack 01 & Eagles Pack 01

"Whole Lotta Love" - Led Zeppelin
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
"Cashmere" - Led Zeppelin

"Hotel California" - The Eagles
"Life in the Fast Lane" - The Eagles
"New Kid in Town" - The Eagles

Week 2: Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon full album

"Speak to Me"
"Breathe"
"On the Run"
"Time"
"The Great Gig in the Sky"
"Money"
"Us and Them"
"Any Colour You Like"
"Brain Damage"
"Eclipse"

Week 3: Red Hot Chili Peppers Pack 01

"True Men Don't Kill Coyotes"
"Freaky Styley"
"Fight Like a Brave"
"Me and My Friends"
"Taste the Pain"

Week 4: Dethklok Pack 01

"Deththeme/Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle"
"Go Forth and Die"
"Laser Cannon Deth Sentence"
"Ghostqueen"
"Partying Around the World"

Week 5: Coal Chamber Pack 01 & Foster the People Pack 02

"Loco" - Coal Chamber
"Big Truck - Coal Chamber
"Shock the Monkey" - Coal Chamber

"Are You What You Want to Be" - Foster the People
"Coming of Age" - Foster the People
"A Beginner's Guide to Destroying the Moon" - Foster the People

Week 6: Jethro Tull's Broadsword and the Beast full album

"Bestie"
"Clasp"
"Fallen on Hard Times"
"Flying Colours"
"Slow Marching Band"
"Broadsword"
"Pussy Willow"
"Watching Me Watching You"

Week 7: Iron Maiden Epics Pack 02 (yep, repeat title from last year, but now with different songs!)

"Drifter"
"Remember Tomorrow"
"Back in the Village"
"Sea of Madness"
"From Here to Eternity"
"The Man Who Would be King"

Week 8: Michael Jackson Pack 01 & Van Halen Pack 01

"Thriller" - Michael Jackson
"Beat It" - Michael Jackson
"Smooth Criminal" - Michael Jackson

"Drop Dead Legs" - Van Halen
"5150" - Van Halen
"Finish What Ya Started" - Van Halen

Week 9: The Cure's Disintegration full album

"Plainsong"
"Pictures of You"
"Closedown"
"Lovesong"
"Last Dance"
"Lullaby"
"Fascination Street"
"Prayers for Rain"
"The Same Deep Water As You"
"Disintegration"
"Homesick"
"Untitiled"

Week 10: Man Man Pack 01 & Mark Crozer and the Rels Pack 01

"Oni Pond" - Man Man
"King Shiv" - Man Man
"Deep Cover" - Man Man

"War Drum" - Mark Crozer and the Rels
"Brand New World" - Mark Crozer and the Rels
"Live in Fear" - Mark Crozer and the Rels

Week 11: Johnny Cash Pack 02

"Honky Tonk Girl"
"Devil to Pay"
"Paradise"
"Cocaine Blues"

Week 12: W.A.S.P. Pack 01 & Madonna Pack 01

"Animal (F*** Like a Beast)"
"I Wanna Be Somebody"
"Wild Child"

"Like a Virgin" - Madonna
"Express Yourself" - Madonna
"Papa Don't Preach" - Madonna

Okay folks! There you have it. Part 2 will commence tomorrow. What do you think of the tracks that I pick? Not enough? Just right? Awesome chocies? Too weird and varied? Let me know. If you had a chance to push out twelve weeks of DLC on Rock Band 4, what would you put out? Sound off below, you fellow RAWKERS!

1 comment: