Monday, March 4, 2013

Book Review: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


Wow.  What a great book.  I was recommended this by a friend and lo and behold it doesn't disappoint.  Its one of those books that I had trouble putting down once I started reading.  It is also one of those books that if you grew up in the 80's you should HAVE to read it.  Pop culture references galore explode off of every page and the premise is one while as I was reading it, I was like, "Oh man, I want to live in this world!"  Seriously, it's that bad ass!  The movie rights have already been sold to Warner Bros. and I am hoping against hope that the film is translated well, as long as they don't have Uwe Boll direct it, I think we'll be safe from disaster. 

As most people know I am not a spoiler kind of person, but suffice to say, if you love virtual reality, video games, dystopian futures, video games, roleplaying games, and video games, then for the love of Jebus, you need to stop reading my blog and either buy the book or download this thing to your "e-reader" or whatever you crazy kids do nowadays, go on do it!  I will wait.

Well, was it awesome?  Of course it was. Now can you wait for his second book, Armada?  Well, can you?  I know I can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment