Monday, March 4, 2013

Topic: Dreaming Big or Owning my own comic store

It's been a dream of mine to own my own comic store.  Is it the perfect time to open a small time business?  Probably not, but if I can make a profitable five year business plan then maybe a bank could look at a loan application.

Symphony and I have some really awesome ideas surrounding the business as well.  I don't want to go into to much detail here, but suffice to say if we could get this store off the ground I think we can turn a profit.  I wouldn't stop at just selling comics either, I am a nerd and a dork and a geek.  There are a myriad other things that I could (and would) sell in my comic shops all geared to the Geek Culture.  Video gaming would also be an area to look into, but look I've said to much.

If I did own a comic store, would you come by and hang?  Maybe pick up one of the latest DC or Marvel issues?  Play a round of CoD on a gaming console?  Sit and play some LCG by Fantasy Flight Games or a Table Top game?  Yes, of course you would, and you know why?  Because it would be the coolest Comic store this side of the Mississippi!

Hell, I would even sell my collection to start.  That is how dedicated I am to the idea of doing this.  I don't think it would be easy, but nothing in life that is worth doing, ever is.

VIVA LA COMICS!

No comments:

Post a Comment