Monday, October 15, 2012

Horror's Heart #21-17

Looks like I have a mess of films to put out today, man, today is getting busier every second.  Fun stuff to do today let me tell you.  Waiting on the post too.  Fun.  Alright you haven't come here to hear me bitch, did you?  No, right then.  On with the show!

21.  Hellraiser

Clive Barker forays into film (Hollywood budget, he did earlier films but that is another day).  Creepy, atmospheric, a real fright fest.  Fresh horror icons called the Cenobites (or from the novella, The Order of the Gash) are demonic entities that appear as you "solve" the Lamarchand's Puzzle Box.  If you're not following, read the short story by Clive Barker or if you don't bother yourself with that higher learnin' stuff like books, go see the film and get caught up in the awesomeness that is the Hellraiser film.

20. All Night Long

This 3 piece film trilogy where the tagline of the film is "Human Beings are Garbage" says it all.  Can't really find a trailer for this.  Sorry.  Good luck finding this on DVD.  I stumbled across it in a used music store and didn't even know what it was. I thought it would be pretty messed up and I was right.  Not for the faint of heart, easily offended, or squeamish of stomach.  You've been warned!

19, Creature From the Black Lagoon

What kind of horror fan would I be if I didn't mention at least one classic Universal Monster.  The Creature to me is still the coolest of the lot.  Great black and white film from back in the day.  Not to scary for the young-ins and the gram and gramps might even remember it as well.

 18. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Another kid-friendly cartoon for the Halloween season.  All the Peanuts gang is there.  Snoopy, Woodstock, Charlie Brown, and all the rest.  I remember watching this every year on television growing up and I just recently found it on DVD again and picked it up for something like two bucks.  I actually might have to watch this today, it's been a long time since I have seen it.

17. Creepshow

A little Stephen King goodness right here (and directed by George A. Romero), this anthology of five tales will have you squirming in your seats, especially the last one!  Based of the (I believe) the EC Comics banner, Creepshow is a groovy little romp through five different stories all of varying terrifying degree.  Great cameos by big name actors too.  Sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment