Saturday, July 7, 2012

Where's all the (insert genre here) Metal in Rock Band?

Today I'd like to take a look at the lack of Black Metal in Rock Band lately.  Now the RBN has a ton of stuff, so in a way my logic is faulty, except that it's bands from this decade and nothing from the early Godfathers of Black Metal.  I'm talking about these types of bands:

Venom

One of the early pioneers of the genre.  Their songs are infectious!  In a good way.  Since we've never seen them in the game (and this is my blog) so I'm going to throw out a 6 pack of some much needed tracks:

Venom Pack 01

"The Evil One"
"Welcome to Hell"
"Don't Burn the Witch"
"Black Metal"
"Countess Bathory"
"Live Like An Angel"

Mercyful Fate

 Now I don't know a ton about this band except King Diamond was the lead singer.  Crazy shit I tell ya.  Based on what little I've heard I would put in these three tracks.




Mercyful Fate Pack 01

"Melissa"
"Evil"
"Into the Coven"


Angel Witch

 Sweet Jesus, how have I never heard of this band before today?  Damn, I just lost some Eavy' Metal points right there.

Angel Witch Pack 01

"Angel Witch"
"Into the Dark"
"Nowhere to Run"



Here's just a few (of many early 80's) Black Metal bands that I feel should be represented.  Now I know that licensing is a Sum'ofabitch and all that.  But it would really make this MetalHead happy!

What do you think?  Would you like to see Black Metal come to Rock Band?  Sound off below!



No comments:

Post a Comment