Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Thoughts on Seattle's Solstice Parade and Erotic Arts Festival 2012 (NSFW)

Okay, this was my first year and it was pretty cool.  I even purchased a piece of artwork from the little "store" they had in the back area kind of behind the exhibits.  I love the piece and Symph digs it too.  It's a piece done by Chris Maher and due to it's erotic nature I am pretty sure I can't show it here on eBlogger.  If you'd like to see his work, this is his website (BE WARNED THAT THERE IS FULL FRONTAL NUDITY, ACTUAL PICTURES OF GENITALIA AND VERY EROTIC IMAGES!)

www.dreamsofthegoddess.com

This next link is the actual gallery that holds the print I bought.  It's the seventh image on the page (2nd Column, Second Picture), PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE IMAGES BELOW ARE OF A EROTIC AND OR SEXUAL NATURE, IF YOU CAN'T LOOK AT FEMALE GENITALIA AND APPRECIATE IT IN IT'S ARTISTIC SENSE DO NOT VIEW!


http://www.dreamsofthegoddess.com/album-blue-red-nudes/Blue-Red%20Nude%20Gallery%20Three/index.htm

There were a few other prints there that we wanted but we had to count the coffers.

If you'd like to view the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival page, it is located below, (ONCE AGAIN PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IT IS AN EROTIC PAGE AND THERE WILL BE IMAGES THAT MAY OFFEND SOME!):

Seattle Erotic Art Festival 2012

The Solstice Parade is actually what we hit first, now at this parade it's traditionally started off by people riding bicycles, skateboards, and roller blades... totally naked.  Well most of them had body paint on, some didn't.  But it was pretty cool to see a naked Captain America or all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all females) riding bikes and wishing every a happy Solstice in the buff.  Now I would like to also point out that people brought their children, young and old alike were there and the vibe was good.  No crazy protesters that I saw and everybody was in high spirits, and probably high on other things too.  But it ws fun to see people riding naked in a county that tries to cover up the human form all the time.  Sometimes I think this is a country of pruds.  Prove me wrong, internet.  Yep, that is what I thought.

Were you there?  Did you love the Parade and the Art Festival?  Found it shocking?  Boring?  Sound off below, I would love to hear you comments.

I personally had a great time and will be looking forward to the festival next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment