Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How High is the Ceiling? My Reflections on Shocking and Disturbing Cinema (NSFW)

I know it's a bit early for messed-up cinema but what the hell, right?

Today's little known gem is not technically a movie per se, it is a shockumentary.  What is that you ask? Well, it's real footage of real people expired (usually) in horrible ways or stock footage of car wreaks, people blowing themselves up, and all sorts of various other atrocities (and it's real, SO VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!).

Without further ado, welcome to Traces of Death (I through V) now this is not your granddaddy's Faces of Death, this is more brutal, more visceral, and more bloody then Faces, it also has a really hard Death/Gore/Thrash Metal soundtrack to accompany all of the sick images.

I found my VHS (yes, I know) copies at a used record store in Modesto, and interestingly enough I actually got to meet the guy who sold them to the store about a year later.  He went by Mortis and we was pretty weird.  I want to say that I met him just as he was being released from the city jail.  Yes, I know, two flushes, Jenn.

I'm not going to sit here and type up my thoughts on all five films, as I've only seen the second, third, and four films, respectively.  I'm also not going to type up what happens in all of the films, if you want to see it so bad then you'll go out and find a copy (good luck!) or two.  I'll wait.  Okay, I probably won't wait.

Here's the one that started it all folks.  Funnily enough, it's the one of two that I haven't seen.

Like I said before this is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR EASILY OFFENDED.  I hope that is clear enough.  If you are still down to see this film after all this, you're one brave S.O.B.

Be safe out there and happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment