Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Too Weird to Live, and too Rare to Die."

Here I sit, writing on this bad boy, listening to a documentary on the life and death of Hunter S. Thompson.  Crazy bastard to be sure.  Just started reading Better Than Sex by Thompson and so far it's pretty rocking and a little bit more closer to home for me than Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail 72'.  It's about the political climate during 1992.  I sure it'll rock.

I actually watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas  just recently.  It's a hard movie to watch now because of sad memories of a dear departed friend.  Me, Angel, and Kevin spent a entire summer watching this film damn near every day and getting really fucked up while we did it.  God Damn, I miss that crazy son of a bitch.  As Hunter said in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas about his lawyer and I feel that this describes Kevin too, ..."There he goes, one of God's own prototypes a high powered mutant of some kind never considered for mass production, too weird to live, and too rare to die."  We love you Kevin.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was just remembering those days. So long ago it seems. Those were crazy times and though I am only a shadow of that person I know that somewhere in the folds of infinite strings you, Kevin & I are still experiencing the film in only a way we could. Miss ya brother! Come to LA soon. //angel stone

    ReplyDelete