Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life: Travelling

So I recently posted that I would like to travel to Japan and the Netherlands, Tokyo and Amsterdam respectively.  Today I thought I would talk about traveling in the US during my thirty plus years on this planet.  When I was fourteen me and my father took a road trip in a 1980 Pontaic Firebird Trans AM, the car was white w/ t-tops (that eventually would leak when it rained).  Lots of good memories with that car, where it is now I don't know.

The final destination (no film relation) was Broomall, Pennsylvania. where some long time "family" lived, you know the kind, people that aren't family but you've known them for so long that they might as well be.  We started in Tucson really early in the morning.  Went through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, then to Pennsylvania.  Also got to check out Washington, D.C., Delaware, and New Jersey.  That is a total of fourteen states, wow. 

Some of the highlights were some car shows back East, visiting friends and family, Italian ice soda in Pennsylvania and the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn.  I also remember riding a BMX bike around Washington's Fort (I believe), and in retrospect I should have taken a better bike because the trek was six miles long.  I also remember the visit to an Amish Farm in rural Penn.  Good times with my dad.  Later today I will post about the second trip I took with my dad across the country just a few years ago.  Hope you enjoyed!

Do you have fond memories of road trips in your younger years?  Couldn't stand it?  Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment