Monday, October 27, 2014

Current Generation of Consoles and other Tidbits

Alright. I realized some things. Video games haven't changed since (to me) the 2600 days, cuz' you know I was there when that happened. I want something new. I want vitural reality (VR) and I want it now. The Oculus Rift and Omni are the "baby steps on the bus", but I am ready for the full blown chip in the head (just kidding there), but seriously, immersive entertainment is right on the horizon. It is almost affordable to the everyman as well. I am also interested in virtual tours, where you can actually walk around your living room, and it's projected all around you, console makers, just imagine all those microtransactions!!! New virtual apartment, clothes, skins, businesses, etc. (Insert evil laugh here) Heck you could even charge for virtual admission, how crazy is that? Pretty crazy and probably I'm too forward thinking for another ten years.

Here's that light then disturbing Augmented Reality video again for your viewing pleasure:


But seriously, with the Oculus Rift and Omni we are getting closer and closer to that total VR immersion. The future's so bright, I have to wear cybernetics.

One a totally different tangent I just saw the Marvel Summer 2015 Comic line up and that Age of Apocalypse series looks sweet!

Also, this was released:

and this as well:

(sigh) and this as well:

Now I'm assuming that all these new Marvel titles will fall under the $3.99 price tag. That is twelve bucks right there. Add that to the two ongoing DC titles as well tack on another six dollars. Plus bags and boards. That is $20.00 bucks for comics every month. Plus me having to have the space for storage. Gr. Arg. Indeed. The last Marvel comic series I read was Uncanny X-Men, after they cancelled that series I was kind of done with Marvel. Some of these series makes me rethink my departure from Marvel.

Okay comic teaser/rant over, back to video games. I think I am going to skip this generation of game consoles, I really want a VR game/interactive entertainment hub and the current console doesn't do that. Maybe I will take that one step further and not give my money to any game manufacture until VR is realized in a big common household way. Damn it, Ready Player One's author, Ernest Cline, your near-feature game-centric VR story (in Stewie's voice) "ruined" me for games and gaming. Honestly Ready Player One is a great book and every gamer should read it once, that's right, put the controller down and grab your tablet (or if you are so inclined, purchase the actual book) and enjoy it. You're welcome!

What are your thoughts on current consoles and the ever growing desire to have that complete VR experience in every day life? Does anyone even want that? Or am I just part of the niche minority? Thoughts would be awesome from the multitude of readers here.





No comments:

Post a Comment