Friday, July 19, 2013

DVD-elicious: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

So I post about disturbing horror movies (i.e., How High is the Ceiling), I post about new DVD's and Blu-Rays coming out (Video Game/DVD Tuesdays), I thought I would start a new column, series, whatever, called DVD-elicious, where I talk about DVD's that I love.  The first DVD I think I will talk about is a comedy classic with a great duo, one is who is not with us anymore (sad panda), it's a begrudgingly buddy flick where two unlikely passengers going on a crazy cross-country trip to get back home in time for Thanksgiving, if you haven't guessed it, I am talking about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  This flick was released in 1987, starring Steve Martin and John Candy, another great triumph from Writer/Director John Hughes (The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink).

 I mean the poster just says it all right.  I don't like to do spoilers for the most part, so suffice it to say here's the trailer!

It's all good.  So here's some of my favorite lines in the film (yep, a little spoiler right here!)

Neal (Steve Martin's character) - "Those aren't pillows!"

Neal - "He says we're going the wrong way..."
Del (John Candy's character) - "Oh, he's drunk, how does he know where we're going?"

... and probably the most quoted part of the film, and beware, it's profanity-laden!

Car Rental Agent - "Welcome to Marathon, how may I help you?"

Neal - "You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick, four wheels and a fucking seat!"

Car Rental Agent - "I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me."

Neal - "And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that doesn't fucking there.  And I really didn't care to fucking walk, down a fucking highway, and across a fucking runway to get back here and have you smile in my fucking face.  I want a car, RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

Car Rental Agent - "May I see your rental agreement?"

Neal - "I threw it away."

Car Rental Agent - "Oh boy."

Neal - "Oh boy, what?"

Car Rental Agent - "You're fucked!"

Classic.  Well that will wrap it up for this first entry into DVD-elicious!  Hope you enjoyed it, and if you haven't seen this flick, you need to.  If you have seen it, pop it in again and have a blast with this comedy treasure!  It sure beats getting punched, almost ran over, and then picked up by the balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment