Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Justice League Dark #1 *SEMI-SPOILER*

In the Dark: Part # 1, DC NEW 52, $2.99

Writer: Peter Milligan
Artist: Mikel Janin

The Witch known as the Enchantress has gone insane, unleashing forces that the combined powers of Supeman, Bat-Man, and Wonder Woman, and Cyborg can't stop.  Will Shade the Changing Man, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Zatanna, and John Constantine be able to stop her?

I love this comic!  I am saying it right now.  John Constantine was first introduced in Swamp Thing #37 (which I found at a book sale for 25 cents!), once I found out this was coming out I ran out and grab this first issue and have been collecting them every month.  I will be posting spoilers as well as my thoughts on the comics.

Too be honest, I've been a Marvel comic guy for the most of my comic buying lifetime, with only purchasing the old second series of Swamp Thing.  I picked up Blackest Night just to try something new and I was like holy smokes, this TPB is great, so once the New 52 was coming out I thought I would give DC a chance, and, again, to be honest, I was blown away.  Since the Uncanny X-Men run ended and I wasn't really loving on Uncanny X-Force that much, I stopped purchasing Marvel and made the switch to DC, and I haven't really looked back.  I will still buy back issues of Uncanny X-Men when I can, but, my days of buying $3.99 comics are long gone!

Come back tomorrow when I post my thoughts on Justice League Dark # 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment