Thursday, October 18, 2012

Horror's Heart # 16-14

16.  Jaws

Not really a Halloween film but man did it scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.  Still a bit freaky in places but now I don't watch through my fingers (okay sometimes).  This film terrified me as a child.  All the other horror films are based (for the most part) in the realms of fantasy, but Jaws, that was real, people can actually get eaten by a Great White Shark.  What a horrible way to go and it tops #1 on my list of ways not to die.

15.  Nightmare on Elm Street

What horror film list wouldn't have this in there.  I'm talking about the Wes Craven original too.  A child molesting killer gets got by a revenge happy bunch of parents who burn him alive, but that doesn't stop Freddy Kruger, oh no, he's comes back to haunt the parents children in their dreams.. and kill them in grotesque and nasty ways.  Not the best dialogue out there but the gore and special effects more than make up for it.  One, two, Freddy's coming for you...

14.  The Dunwich Horror

I love this film.  One of my all time horror favorites.  Sandra Dee and Dean Stockwell take on this HPL adaptation story of the same name.  Roger Corman produces this bad boy through AIP pictures.  Not gory and not too scary either, these early horror films by Corman and Co. are more on the atmospheric side than horror, but Sandra  Dee is in it so *raspberry*

Stay tuned in later today for the finally arriving video blog (sickness permitting).  Might also post some Video Game/DVD Tuesdays (yes, a bit late, I know.) and something else, what I don't know, but something else, so see you in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment