Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Video Game/DVD Tuesdays

Okay, okay, so I've not been doing Video Game/DVD Tuesdays for the past few weeks.  What can I say, I've had some life stuff come up, which tore me away from my blogging duties.  These things happens. 

(In my best Road Dogg voice, "Oh, you didn't know.") Harmonix just launched a sale on over 1,100 pieces of DLC for RB.  Basically all the pre-RB3 stuff, and there's a lot.  Buy some and keep those guys and gals in those posh Boston and surrounding area homes, apartements, lofts, and studios.  They like to eat too, so there's that.  Go buy some songs at a discount and rejoice that RB is still going strong nearly five years after it came out.  Let me also remind you that no company has ever discounted this many pieces of DLC at once, kudos!  I know of at least 2 songs and a pack or two that I want.  Depending on how long the sale last, this could be a very good thing for me, but my wallet just died a little inside.

All the DLC that is on sale! I'd buy that for a dollar, and I will!

Alright, lets get down to brass tacks!  You are here for the games and DVD's today and now that I've incorporated most gaming platforms and Blu-Rays to the mix this takes a minute or two longer.  Let's start on the DVD/Blu-Ray front. 

Cabin in the Woods (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy)

Been dying to see this (no pun intended there).  Everyone on my Gorehounds FB page says this movie is the shit and who am I to argue with the peeps.  I really want to see this and now I can rent it from Netflix.  Huzzah!











The Game (The Criterion Collection) (Blu-Ray/DVD)

 I loved this movie when it came out.  I haven't watched it in forever and I'm glad to see Criterion doing a collection film on it.  I don't know if it would stand the test of time film wise now, but you never know.











There's a boatload more Blu-Ray's and DVD"s out for sale today.  If you're curious on what some more of these are, please check out this website: DVD/Blu-Ray on Sale this week

Well let's see what is up in the virtual world of video games.

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Loved the first one, can't wait to try this one out as well.  Grab your friends and shoot some people and get loot in this follow up game.  I know a few friends (Tracy) that are playing this right now (or sleeping).  Either way play it!






Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (Wii)

A collection of previous released Kirby games.  I've never played one so I have no idea what is what here, but if you a fan... well, you probably already know that this game is out today.  So, um, yeah....






F1 2012 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

If you like Forumla 1 racing then you'll be stoked to see this.  Me, I prefer Forza or Burnout, but you know, whatever floats your boat.







Alea Jacta Est (PC)

No box art.  A wargame in which you fight from the 1st Century BC to about 193AD.  Play at your own risk.

Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection (Xbox 360)

If you wanted to play Kinect Sports but haven't yet, now's the time to get in it as Xbox is now offering a "Ultimate Collection".  Both games!  Sweet.  Maybe I'll grab this when I have some clams...






Train Simulator 2013

No box art.  A train simulator game, what more needs to be said.  Honestly.  If you like virtual train simulation then today is your X-Mas.  Play at you own risk.

There is a few other games coming out, if you like to see Gamespot's list of what is coming out this week that you can't live without, check it: New gaming releases this week.

Well there you have it folks!  Who's still reading this and not playing games right now!  Play! 

See you all in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment