Friday, August 10, 2012

This Week in Rock Band

Sorry folks, I was totally off the mark today, it seems they (Harmonix) wanted to trick me into thinking it would be a three pack by one artist.  I was wrong.  It's another singles week, so let's get it started in here:

Singles 8/14/12

Foreigner - "I Want to Know What Love Is" (O)
Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl Like You" (O)
Nightwish - "Amaranth" (O, X)

(O denotes Keyboard, X denotes PRO Guitar/Bass Upgrade)

Well, I'm not the biggest Foreigner fan out there, but I might pick up "Waiting for a Girl Like You" as well as picking up last week's track "(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew.  But like I've said countless times before any, and I mean any, new band that makes it into the RB platform is a win-win situation.  Hell, let's be honest, we should be happy and super stoked that Harmonix is still releasing tracks for the Rock Band franchise.  With so many gaming companies making a game, releasing it, giving it a trickle of DLC over months and then moving on to the "next big thing" or the next game in their arsenal, Harmonix has kept the DLC alive and kicking for us.  Let's give Harmonix a polite and steady golf clap for rocking with us and keeping us rocking after all these years.  Keep putting music in Rock Band, and I'll keep purchasing tracks.  If you'll permit me to throw out these great pack suggestions: more The Dead Weather, more The White Stripes, and some more The Raconteurs.  Thanks, those would be awesome "02 Packs".  Nightwish is a great edition to the catalogue, but not really for me, but I'm glad to see them in there.  Kudos. *Golf Clap*

Let's see what came out for the RBN this Thursday.

Alternative

Trail By Fire - "From the Ground Up"

Metal

Alestorm - "Back Through Time" (2X Bass Pedal)
All Shall Perish - "Rebirth" (2X Bass Pedal)
Asking Alexandria - "To the Stage" (2X Bass Pedal)
Halcyon Way - "Our Finest Hour"
Saint Vitus - "Blessed Night"

Rock

Catsmelvin - "Wrong Side"

Well there you have it for This Week in Rock Band.  I'll give a listen to the RBN tracks and see if there is anything that grabs me by the short hairs and doesn't let go.

Are you down with some Foreigner and Nightwish?  Well you better be, because that is what is coming out next Tuesday.  Excited?  Disappointed?  Sound off below!

No comments:

Post a Comment