Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wild Rock Band Speculation! (Second Breakfast edition re-mix Alpha Centari 1-X) or Aphrodite's Child, A Good Fit for the RB/RBN Audience

Actually I'm not saying that this is going to be in Rock Band, ever.  It would just be cool to see them in the game.  Total guilty pleasure on my part.  What, this is my blog, indulge me, please.

Aphrodite's Child was a Greek progessive rock band from the late 60's and early 70's.  They had three albums.  End of the World (1968), It's Five O'Clock (1969), and 666 (1972).

Aphrodite's Child  Pack 01

"End of the World"
"It's Five O' Clock"
"Rain and Tears"
"Babylon"
"The Beast"
"The Four Horsemen"

Great band.  I think these tracks would be really fun to play on all instruments.  Let me see if I can find the last two on video or something...




I first heard this album from a good friend of mine Stone Age (who plays Bass guitar/Vocals in the NWOBHM band, Butcher, there website can be found here: The Best Metal You'll Ever Hear! Give them a listen and buy their cd's kids!  I heard the entire album (and yes, it was on vinyl) and it was awesome.  It took me many a years to track down a double cd of it, which eventually I re-sold (bad human, I know) but I do have it on my iPod Nano still, but I'd like to own it on cd or vinyl someday.  Great album and totally crazy.

Give em' a listen and tell me what you think.  Do you think they'd be a good fit for RB?  Let me know in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment