Friday, September 30, 2011

Life: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles or Footloose and Fancy Free

I'm sure like most people I am not a giant fan of the airline industry.  I haven't travelled by plane in a few years and I don't miss it.  Missed transfers.  Expensive prices.  Can't get anything on a airline with cash.

It is also funny that I don't do a ton of traveling by car that much either.  I've also never taken a train, but I think I would like that.  Travel this county by rail.  It's majestic and I think it harkens back to a time where life moved at a different pace and the world was very different.  Makes me want to grow some muttonchops and see where the tracks take me.  I think being on a train would be quite a self-reflective trip.

I've also been fascianted with trains since I was young.  I remember one year dad got me this "burning building" for my small (HO, I believe) train set.  As I was at school he hooked it up and shortly thereafter the building actually began to smoke.  That was not suppose to happen though it sure would have been cool if that was part of it.  Needless to say I don't have a train set anymore though traveling in a real one would be pretty sweet.

Lately I've been using passenger or foot ferries recently to travel the area.  It is something new and different, the first time I got on the foot ferry I was really nauseous but now it's like a second hat. 

Don't get me started about mass transit.  Though the buses up here in the PNW are very very good.  Probably the best I've seen for a bus system.  Good times.

So, who's ready for a train ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment