Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life: Friends or A Retrospective in Time

It is interesting to see the relationship of friends over the course of my life.  I remember growing up in a small town and having a lot of friends though I still got the occasional teasing (much like most children, I am sure.), then as with I'm sure over half of the demographic my parents divorced and I moved over a thousand miles away and had to make a ton of new friends, which I didn't.  Then a few years later I moved back to that same old town again and all of my friends were friends with other people and I think I had gotten a little more withdrawn into myself, so I basically had to make new friends, though know with Facebook I can "insta-friend" everyone in my past.

It's weird there are only a few friends from back then that I still talk to on a semi-regular basis.  And since I've moved from California to Washington State a few years ago I talk to the people that I was friends with even less and less now.  It's understandable.  We have lives, and now some of my friends have children which I'm sure takes up a minute or two of their busy schedules.  I do miss them.  If they read this blog I hope that they know that.  I would love to her from you guys from back in Cali (you know who you are).

Has your relationship changed with your friends?  Anyone's opinion on this would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment