Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Culture: Movie Theaters or A Love Affair

I love movie theaters.  A bag of popcorn and usually my undivided attention for about two hours.  There is a special place in my heart for the movie houses.  The earliest film I remember seeing was Mickey's Christmas Carol in a small theater back where I used to live.  I think I was about six or so.  Good times.

It's pretty amazing to see how far the theater has come.  There's even dinner movie theaters.  Yum.  A little pricey but well worth it I think.  I also think it's sad that the theater doesn't see really any profit from ticket sales but I guess that is why a small popcorn is four to five dollars.  Though at the dinner theater a small personal pizza was upwards of eight dollars.  Ouch.  But the film was Jaws so it's all good.  Good food and good company that night to be sure. 

Best memory of the theater for all you people our there?  Mine would be the inclusion of being able to get booze at a theater.  Nice.  And of course a good sound system in any theater is paramount.  There is nothing I hate worse then a speaker that hisses or something is up with the audio sync or something of that nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment