Saturday, May 20, 2017

WWE Backlash PPV 2017 Results (SPOILERS AHEAD)

It's Smackdown LIVE very own PPV. Granted as of this writing I haven't watched the most current episode of Smackdown LIVE, but that is okay, I am sure I'll enjoy the show. Let's take a look at the card for tomorrow (may or may not be final):


Luke Harper vs Erik Rowan - Well it's bound to happen. Again, right? Didn't these two do this before? I am pretty sure they did. What would have been better is Harper and Rowan staying loyal to Bray and wreaking havoc on the blue brand. But hey, what do I know, I am just a fan of the WWE.

Winner: Double Count out *Harper wins. Again I think they should keep these two ttogether and do Wyatt's bidding even though he's on RAW.


Sami Zayn vs Baron Corbin - Nice to see Baron still in the PPV scene. It's okay WWE, give him a great Heel title run, I don't even care which title. As much as I'd like to see a Sami Zayn win here, I just don't think it's going to happen tonight.

Winner: Baron Corbin *Again, totally missed the mark on this one. Sami Zayn picks up a win. Really, really surprised.


Shinsuke Nakamura vs Dolph Ziggler - Honestly folks, I think this is going to be the Match of the Night, if not, the Match of the Year 2017. Just call it "Psychic Gingerism". These two will put on a clinic. Who's going to win the match. That's easy. But the aftermath is going to be the water cooler talk on Monday.

Winners: The WWE Universe *I was right! Though actually Nakamura won the match. Great match. Maybe not Match of the Year, but a really, really awesome spectacle.


WWE Champion Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles - This one is going to be a hard-hitting affair I think. Both men have something to prove in this match, and not only is the title on the line, but both men feel that they are the "top dog" for the Smackdown LIVE brand. Owens has been impressive with PPV wins, but AJ has been tearing it up to get to the top. Are you hyped yet?

Winner: and NEW United States Champion, AJ Styles! Kevin Owens retains the belt. So I'm 0-3 at this point, not good. Not good at all.

WWE Smackdown's Woman's Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair, and Becky Lynch vs Natalya, Carmella, and Tamina - It's a three on three match at Backlash I guess! I thought Naomi would defend, but I guess I was just plain wrong. I can see a Charlotte Heel turn at the end of the match, or even worse, a Becky Lynch Heel turn. I hope I am wrong, but someway, somehow, the "Welcoming Committee" will do the do.

Winners: Natalya, Carmella, & Tamina *OMG, I got one right. Still don't understand why it's a three on three when I feel at a PPV every title that is eligable should be on the line. Maybe they are making sure Naomi's one hundred percent before they do a one versus one title match. Would like to see Tamina get a shot. It's been quite a while since she's been in the title picture.


WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs Breezango - I guess if you do fashion video that guarantees you a title shot. Did Breezango win a match that grants them a title shot? I don't know. But I do know this.

Winners: and STILL Smackdown Tag Team Champions, The Usos! Anotther won right. Amazing! Kudos for Smackdown giving Tyler Breeze and Fandango a title shot. I can't wait to see who steps up and goes after the titles next.


WWE World Champion Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal - It's 2017, right? This is crazy. It's crazy in a good way though. The fact that Smackdown is given Mahal a chance on a PPV main event, and yes, I believe that the respective shows number one match involves the major title of the brand. Plain and simple. Orton is a formidable opponent but Jinder has the Singh Brothers (The Bollywood Boyz) in his corner, as well as a possible Wyatt lying in wait, with Erick and Harper (a man can wish, darn it!), who's knows if Orton will keep the title. As much as I hate to say it...

Winner: and NEW WWE World Champion, Jinder Mahal! *I just couldn't see how they weren't going to take the biggest risk and give Mahal the title. It's insane and brilliant all at once. This could be very awesome as the show going forward or it could totally backfire and show that the WWE writers have egg on their faces. Again, I see this as a positive as the Smackdown LIVE competes against RAW.

Okay, Ladies and Germs! These are my picks on who's going home big and who's just going home. Stay tuned on Monday when I post results and my thoughts on the PPV, see you then.

Overall thoughts on Backlash: I liked it. I got to see some new challengers for the Tag Team and Title Belts. Super entertaining on all fronts. Honestly I can't wait to watch Smackdown next week on Hulu Plus.

What did you think about WWE Backlash PPV 2017? Did you love it, hate it, just think it was meh? It would be cool to hear from everyone else thinks, but hey no pressure here.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment