Monday, October 12, 2015

This Week in Rock (Games) (Part 1)

So it's Monday and that means there is a Rock Band 4 DLC announcement. Since RB4 DLC is released on Monday, This Week (Part 1) will happen on Mondays now, (Part 2) will be the Rocksmith 2014 announcements on Tuesdays, and on Friday I'll be doing my weekly RB predictions for that following week. Now that all that business is out of the way here's to the return of (hopefully) weekly Rock Band 4 DLC!

Totally off on my predictions from last week by the by! Why didn't I think of these tracks!

Singles 10/13/15 ($1.99 per track)

Alabama Shakes - "Don't Wanna Fight"
Breaking Benjamin - "Failure"
Death From Above 1979 - "Trainwreck 1979"
The Pretty Reckless - "Follow Me Down"

Pretty sure that these were the Amazon Pre-Order singles so next week should be the first real new DLC. A ton of people on the Harmonix Rock Band forums were predicting either Van Halen, U2, Elvis Presley, with the inevitable Muse and Metallica thrown in of course. Van Halen and U2 seem like good choices for the coming week.  I'll talk about that more on Friday.

After giving the songs a listen here's my personal thoughts. The Alabama Shakes song is alright. Didn't care for the Breaking Benjamin song at all, Death From Above 1979 could be pretty crazy on RB4 and sounds like a blast on vocals (I'm a Guitar guy myself),  The Pretty Reckless was probably my favorite song out of the singles tracks today. So much so, I am going to try and listen to that entire album Going to Hell, it was released last year (2014) for those that care about those things.

A bit of other news, Mad Catz announced today that pre-orders are available for the "all new PRO cymbals Expansion Kit" started today. MSRP is $49.99. Check out the Mad Catz webpage for more info. You know the drill, Google it fools!

Come back tomorrow when we take on This Week in Rock (Games) (Part 2) and Blu-ray Tuesday! Maybe I'll post more today, so you know, stay tuned, and all that good jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment