Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WWE's Battleground 2013 Results

Well it's a new PPV for WWE and they've added a ton of matches over the last week or so.  The PPV is this Sunday so I thought I would do some predictions and what not:

Dolph Ziggler vs Damien Sandow (Kick-off Match) - It's free and it's the pre-show match.  What happened WWE?  Ziggler was almost as hot as D. Bryan and then all of the sudden WWE pushed him aside and now he's fighting the pre-show against Sandow?  Whatever.  Match could go either way, but I'm thinking...

Winner - Damien Sandow *Ziggler wins via the Zig-Zag.  Don't expect to not see Sandow later in the night. 

Santino Marella & The Great Khali vs The Real Americans - Announced literally the morning of the PPV.  Who cares?  I don't know why the Tag Team Champs aren't putting the gold on the line.  Don't really care about this match... but I think the outcome will be this...

Winner - The Real Americans *Real Americans win.  Yawn.

 Kofi Kingston vs Bray Wyatt - I guess they (WWE) are throwing in this match to further the slow building storyline between the Wyatt Family and the Superstars that have crossed their path.  Maybe a Kane return?  Maybe not, who knows... What I expect to see after the bell...

Winner - Bray Wyatt *Wyatt gets Kingston with Sister Abagail.  Good back and forth.  #Where's Kane? Answer - #FollowtheBuzzards

Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel vs R-Truth

Hey, finally the Intercontinental belt is up for grabs!  R-Truth gets a title shot?  OMG moment right there!  Nice to see him get a shot at some gold.  R-Truth will put on a good front, but, ultimately...

Winner - Still Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel *Axel retains over R-Truth.  Not that shocking.

 Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns - It's the Rhodes Family jobs vs the dominating tag team champions, Rollins and Reigns.  I would love to see Cody and Dustin get their jobs back, and Dusty to keep his job as well.  Rollins and Reigns don't even have their belts on their line so I've thinking...

Winner - Cody Rhodes & Goldust *The Rhodes Family wins one!  Good on ya, WWE.  Good on ya.

Divas Champion AJ Lee vs Brie Bella - Holy crap, the Divas title is actually been defended at a PPV, and it's a one on one match!  Paint me surprised!  Will the crowd be behind this match?  I don't know.  I think it'll be a great match and I'm thinking...

Winner - Still Divas Champion, AJ Lee! *AJ Lee beats Brie with a cheap ass roll up. 

CM Punk vs Ryback - Glad to see Ryback still in the PPV scene, the crowds, er, the Universe's reaction to him has been waning.  Sure I get it WWE, the tongue and cheek reference with bullying and Ryback, it's cute, but bring him back around as a FACE!  Have him turn on Axel or Heyman later in the night, but for this match I suspect...

Winner - Ryback *CM Punk wins with a low-blow on Ryback.  Didn't see that one coming...

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Dam (Battleground Hardcore Rules Match) - Man, I am glad RVD is in the title picture, I can see the next PPV already RVD vs Dolph Ziggler (Hell in a Cell Match), yep, I am predicting that right now, but I guess I should get back to the task at hand and predict this match.  I cannot ignore how intense ADR has been as Champion, it seems that there is no stopping him, but I am going to go against the grain and say...

Winner - New World Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam! *Alberto Del Rio wins by Submission.  Brutal.

 Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton (WWE Title Match) - Vacant title.  Man, that has been a while hasn't it.  As with the majority of the planet I feel that Daniel Bryan has to capture that brass ring, and I hope he gets to hold the title longer than CM Punk's last run.  Will Randy Orton take D.B. to the limit?  I am sure of it.  It'll be a great match, but I think the storyline with these two and management is far from over.  I could actually see Triple H and Stephine strip the Champion either right after the match due to "referee problems" or the next night on RAW.  Predictin' right here!

Winner - No Contest *Wow.  Totally guessed it.  Big Show takes everyone out.  Nice.  Now let's get to the business of giving D.B the title now, please and thank you?

Pretty decent PPV.  It kept me guessing and that is a good thing.  Monday Night Raw is going to be pretty interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment