Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Run, Rabbit, Run! or Beginning Running with Ginger McShinSplints

So today I cruised the lake run with only having to double back a little bit because there was a dog that wanted to chew my ass a new one, I thought I left that crap behind when I moved back to Washington State. 

I rocked about 4 and 1/2 miles in 1:04:54.  I had to alternate between running, actually I was jogging, there wasn't much running today, and walking.  These hills are killing me, though, that may be a good thing.  I am trying to get to the point of being able to run a 5k without stopping or walking.  I would also like to be able to finish it within fifteen minutes or less.

After I finished my run I did about 200 calf raises with weights and I did 50 squats.  Did I mention how much squats hurt?  Well they do, it's totally brutal on the backside!  I think I am going to get back to doing 500 crunches a day as well to try and flatten that tummy of mine.

I'm been really enjoying working out and trying to get in better shape, now I just need to stop eating so many cookies!

1 comment:

  1. That's why you work out, so you can eat the cookies!

    ReplyDelete